Wednesday

Haiyan Twitter Fundraiser for Red Cross Canada.


One of the largest typhoons to hit the Philippines happened recently on November 6th, 2013. It is known as Typhoon Haiyan or as "Yolanda" in the Philippines. This Typhoon Haiyan has devastated a region consisting of numerous islands and left many fellow filipinos helpless and displaced from their homes. The early media reports are reporting over 10,000 dead while current documents state about 2,000 dead. No matter what the final count is, it is truly a catastrophe of the human race and I am personally saddened to witness numerous accounts being shared on the news, word-of-mouth, and through social media… this is my family homeland.

I have been sending messages through my social channels and have also made a monetary donation but still feel like I need to do more. I wish I could be in the Philippines to give support in anyway possible but that is not a reality at this time. The only way I feel i can help is by raising funds to support the relief efforts. I have chosen the Red Cross Canada as the organization in which I will donate 100% of the proceeds raised through my 5 day Twitter initiative. It's a small contribution given the magnitude of the devastation… but every little bit counts!!

                                                Before and After Google Images of Tablucan in Philippines.

I will giveaway 1 custom t-shirt everyday for the next 5 days to the highest bidder on Twitter every night at 9pmET. All you have to do is tweet me at @clickflickca with your bid amount with the hashtag #HaiyanTO1.. the next day will be #HaiyanTO2

Example Twitter Bid: @clickflickca My bid is $25.00 #HaiyanTO1

The highest bid amount each day will get a custom tshirt with their Twitter name on the back and a full tax receipt received via email immediate after the donation via email. My goal is to raise at least $500 total which in place will be matched by the Canadian government. This monetary donation will help Red Cross fulfill relief efforts in the Philippines. If you cannot support monetarily, please help by retweeting or spreading the message around. This is just as helpful so that people become aware that their is a need for help. I hope you can support in any way that you can. Maraming Salamat!

The highest bid at 9pmET will fill out donation on this link: Donation

The winner can send me a screenshot or email of their tax receipt to receive their custom tshirt. Thanks again for your support. If you do not want to bid for a tshirt but just want to donate and support,  Canadians can help by donating to the Canadian Red Cross fund All 100% of funds will go to support the Haiyan efforts. Red Cross Canada has 100% transparency with donations. You can also text REDCROSS to 30333 and a $5 donation will be sent.






No comments: